Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Philosopher's Notes



Mavericks at Work
The Tao of Eqqus
The Spontaneous Healing of Belief
Radical Acceptance
The Intention Experiment
The Disappearance of the Universe
Integral Spirituality
The Presence Process
Invisible Acts of Power
To Have or to Be?
Your Immortal Reality

These are just a few of the books that are in stacks on my nightstand right now. The plan was to write down and include all of them, but my hand started cramping while I was thinking I should get a life. Anyway, some I have already read but want to keep close and some I'm sure I will get to any day now. I do read fiction every once in a while, but this is what really excites me. If you can relate, there is a new website called Philosopher's Notes you might want to know about.

Philosopher's Notes is the latest project of Brian Johnson who, in addition to several other successful internet companies, founded and sold Zaadz, now called Gaia, a popular social networking site with a focus on spirituality, so he has some street cred in those circles.

His idea is to provide summaries, like cliff notes, of 100 self-development books for the “busy self-actualizer.” There are currently 54 titles available and his plan is to complete the remaining 46 this year. The first 25 notes are free and, if you like them, you can buy all 100 for $20. Each note includes a six page PDF file and a 28 minute MP3 file. I just signed up, so I'm starting my virtual stack and giving my nightstand a rest and having some high school flashbacks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey leslie! just a quick note of thx for your shout out. and huge smile as i look at that photo and laugh at your hand cramping line. :)

love and nowness,

-bri

Anonymous said...

based upon this list I assume you don't want to borrow my copy of Twilight? Ok - I just pass it on the nearest Tween . . . .

Happy Reading! Laurie