Thursday, February 12, 2009

Enjoying the Journey

well, kind of.

Feeling unfocused, uninspired and unorganized about work brought on many "I should be doing something" moments.

Why doesn't being come more naturally? The pressure I felt was entirely self imposed. And the whole time I was aware of how absurd it was to not be doing anything while feeling guilty and miserable about it. What a waste of perfectly good time. I can never get that time back.

I think about the last 40 years and all of the time spent feeling guilty or anxious about what I was not doing. Then I fantasize about sending myself the message..."it all works out, just enjoy being exactly where you are right now...look around you, there is so much to appreciate."

I'm learning that the ebb is as natural and necessary as the flow in life. Ebb is going to happen, my experience of it is up to me. It is not a phase to endure, head down just waiting for the flow again. If we don't judge it as a bad thing, it could be interesting and exciting in a new way. Ebb is our friend.
It's a new mantra : Embrace ebb.

jacqueline veissid photo

1 comment:

Julia said...

Embrace Ebb!!! I love it!