Friday, March 6, 2009

it's what's inside that smells so good


LIGHT comes from within (spirit), PEACE comes from within (mind), BEAUTY comes from within (soul), JOY comes from within (emotion), LOVE comes from within (heart)

I stopped in my tracks when I saw these perfumes at Anthropologie and stood there, smelling each one, touching the well designed packaging, and savoring that feeling of discovering something that resonates as brilliant and inspired. Hoping to love the smell of LIGHT most of all, I could not deny the beautiful fragrance of LOVE and PEACE, and so, undecided, I did not make a purchase.

I was still thinking about it after getting home, so I looked on line and became more smitten when I read about Sarah Horowitz-Thran who created the perfumes and says "Finding the perfect fragrance for you can bring you into the moment and remind you of who you are."

What an idea. And what if somebody had bottled and was selling the present moment, you could spray yourself and stay awake and grounded in your true self, giving you access to the potential that surrounds you in each moment? How much would you be willing to pay?

The irony is that it is free and available to us 24/7 if we choose it. But, while we're working on that, a brilliantly named beautiful scent couldn't hurt.

No comments: