Monday, April 7, 2008

a letter to the be line



Dear be line:

I bought one of your T shirts, “be power” as I am going through a divorce and am trying to regain my belief in myself and the “powerful me” that I used to be.

I am writing to tell you how wearing this shirt gave me the support I needed when I traveled to Yosemite in August to throw my mother and father’s ashes off a 600 foot cliff. I have become afraid of heights as I’ve gotten older but really wanted to reunite my parents in the place that they honeymooned and loved so much.

Before the hike, I put on my “be power” shirt to remind myself, just like it says on the bottom of the shirt, that I possessed the strength and ability to overcome my fear. It was really comforting. Please look at my enclosed photos and see for yourself how I did!

And, just for good measure, on the way out of the park I pulled over at one of the vista points that had terrified me two days earlier. I walked over to the edge and looked down the cliff into the ravine below.

I really think this was the beginning of my journey back to the person I used to be!

Sincerely,

Meredith P.

(click here to see the shirt Meredith was wearing)

dear meredith, thanks for the great letter. sounds to me like your journey is not back to the person you used to be, but forward, becoming much more than you've been before. Congratulations on finding your power!

No comments: