Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I can't help it

I just love jewelry that is simple and inspiring, especially if it has tiny words on it. I've been a fan of Jeanine Payer for a while. I do not have any of her pieces...yet, but that doesn't stop me from admiring and wanting to share. In fact, Eckhart Tolle says a good practice for being present is to catch ourselves when we feel the need to own something and just appreciate what we like, or in this case, love about it instead. So I will enjoy languishing in this clever ring design and the quote inside:

"When the act of reflection takes place in the mind, when we look at ourselves in the light of thought, we discover that our life is embosomed in beauty." - Emerson

This ring can be found in the latest Sundance Catalog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Name: Ruby

I am so greatful to Eckhart Tolle and Oprah for turning me onto Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and her beautiful book ""My Stroke of Insight"". Her story is amazing and her gift to all of us is a book purchase away I'm happy to say.

Dr Taylor was a Harvard brain scientist when she had a stroke at age 37. What was amazing was that her left brain was shut down by the stroke - where language and thinking occur - but her right brain was fully functioning. She experienced bliss and nirvana and the way she writes about it (or talks about it in her now famous TED talk) is incredible.

What I took away from Dr. Taylor's book above all, and why I recommend it so highly, is that you don't have to have a stroke or take drugs to find the deep inner peace that she talks about. Her book explains how. ""I want what she's having"", and thanks to this wonderful book, I can! Thank you Dr. Taylor, and thank you Eckhart and Oprah.