Friday, May 9, 2008

Laurel Denise Jewelry

Today I discovered the work of jewelry and stationery designer, Laurel Denise. Love, love, love.

I must admit that I felt a tinge of jealousy as I browsed through her collections of handmade glass and silver pieces. I have been thinking about jewelry for the be line for a long time and recently designed some pendants with the wonderful Payson Cooper. I'm here to tell you, it is so much harder than it looks to create something simple, stylish and profound, but Laurel has done it. I know enough to know that jealousy does not serve me or the world in any way, so I quickly channeled that emotion into admiration, appreciation and consumership.

The one I "had to have" was similar to the pendants pictured, but says "let your life become." I am also coveting several necklaces from her "10 million wishes collection" which include a card with a poem and coordinating necklace that contains a word or phrase from the poem. My favorite pendant says "let me be aware" and the poem it accompanies is gorgeous:
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare & perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky & want, more than all the world, your return." -Maryjean Iron










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your sweet compliments on my jewelry! You made my day :)