Friday, December 12, 2008

I am not endorsing, merely reporting this product, Rescue Remedy, that claims to be "your inner calm, on call." Made of all natural ingredients including various flower essences, it comes in drops that can be added to water or a spray. Created over 60 years ago, the website says it has "centering energy and is now relied upon by people around the world to provide unconditional support during demanding times." What interests me the most is that this type of product is now showing up in magazines such as Harpers Bazaar, which is where I found it. Since my inner calm is available to me (if I choose to access it) at all times, but not shiny minty lips, I am more likely to pick up Cover Girl's new AmazeMint lip gloss than this, but I know that many people receive benefit from holistic remedies and would love to hear from anyone who has tried it.

2 comments:

LJ said...

hey L, I have used the remedies over the years mostly for the calming effect. I even used them with my colicky middle guy. Not sure if it worked...certainly not like yoga. But there is something to the healing qualities of herbs, for sure. Interesting to hear that they are going "mainstream"...it definitely used to be out there alternative stuff. Love your blog, I even linked you on my own! Write on!
Liz

Anonymous said...

hi leslie! i've used bach flower remedies for years and i definitely believe the rescue remedy works - i've used it for flying or for shock or anxiety and i know some people who give it to their horses or dogs after a fright. i was quite into it for a while and used to know what each flower remedy was good for, i seem to remember taking clematis which was good for shyness. it must have worked because i'm not all that shy anymore!!!
Alexa

xx