Tuesday, April 14, 2009

super model, really


Don't hate her because she's a bombshell. Hate her because she is self aware, grounded, taking responsibility for her own happiness, and empowering young girls to do the same.

When I sat on the beach with the May issue of "Vanity Fair" I, regrettably, did not expect to relate in any way to the cover girl and most famous supermodel in the world, Gisele. Glimpses into a glamorous life, that's what I expected. Feeling morally superior, that's my usual M.O.

Instead, I was caught off guard by her determination to rise above expectations like mine and show some substance. At 28, Gisele is young and has been modeling for half of her life. It would almost be easier to understand self indulgent behavior than a mindful perspective on life, but that's what comes across in her story.

She boldly says "everything I'll do in the future has to be something that's related to higher consciousness. I don't think I'll be happy unless I do this." A positive message for a celebrity obsessed culture to hear, don't you think?

You can read the article by Leslie Bennetts here.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Don't you hate it when there is someone you want to hate but you just can't?????!!!!!!