Monday, April 13, 2009

Vacation & Inspiration

I'm just getting back from a week in California, riding the roller coaster on the Santa Monica pier and enjoying warm weather. More to come about that...

For now, here is something that inspired me today. It's a video clip of 47 year old Susan Boyle going for her dream on the TV show "Britain's Got Talent." It is 7 minutes long, but 5 of those are goose bump material, so it's very worth watching.

Susan is reminiscent of Paul Potts auditioning for the same show 2 seasons ago. He eventually won the competition. This clip has been viewed over 11 million times on YouTube - about 10 of those views are mine. If you like stories of an underdog gathering their courage and wowing the world with what they've got inside of them, you will love these.

2 comments:

LJ said...

Leslie...about an hour before you posted this, I was posting the SAME THING on my blog...how weird is that!!? I was moved by the notion of pre-judging people! Amazing!

Beth said...

i saw that clip of Susan Boyle too and absolutely loved it!! I'm so inspired. I've watched it about a dozen times. I'm glad I'm not the only one...