Wednesday, June 3, 2009

being holistic

We hear "body, mind and spirit" all the time. Those are the three components that comprise our whole selves. Actively and purposefully engaging these different aspects of ourselves is what it means to live a holistic lifestyle. How do you take that from theory to practice? I like this explanation I just came across :


The function of the soul is to indicate its desire, not impose it.

The function of the mind is to choose from its alternatives.

The function of the body is to act out that choice.

When body, mind, and soul create together, in harmony and in unity, God is made flesh.


from Conversations with God, Book 1 by Neale Donald Walsch

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the Be U blogs!! Being a part of the Wellness Revolution with Arbonne I can realate to being more mindful of how we take care of ourselves... I will be tuning in for the lastest comments and passing this alone to my friends and team members, we are always looking for Inspiration reading and quotes!!

P.S. I love the logo, very creative!