Friday, November 13, 2009

it starts

It starts with a commitment: I will be more.  
I will live in the moment, as much as possible.  I want that.  I don't want this life to pass by.  I want to know that I felt it, witnessed it, accepted it, moved within it, smelled it, tasted it, and enjoyed it.  I want to know that even though it will be impossible for every moment, I was in more moments than I was out.  I want to get that even when it's not good, it's still good because it's my experience and an opportunity to feel the fullness of who I am, the whole picture of me.  I want to proceed knowing that I can't make this happen, but my commitment is enough for now.  My commitment is powerful and because of it I will begin to feel the absolute rightness of exactly where I am and I will know that my determination is paying off.  And I will think, yes, this is what I want to feel like, this is everything, and I want more of this. 

4 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

I like the path of thinking you have here about being present. It reminds me a bit of Landmark Education, exestientialism and Eckhart Tolle. I really liked the last quote.

This way of being works and brings workability where things are not working.

Keep it up!

LynnOnline said...

Happiness is accepting what is. : )

Eileen said...

This is so timely for me. Thanks for sharing your inspiring thoughts!

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

Awesome! I like this!
You are a great blogger!


~Vanessa