Thursday, March 27, 2008

Walk the Talk, Literally


As my excitement about developing "be U" grows, so does my anxiety and confusion. I'm feeling the self-imposed pressure. "How am I going to make this a robust and valuable experience for people?" is what my inner drama queen sounds like these days. So I decided to take my dog for a walk in the woods. My plan was to use that time to think, hard. And that's just what I was doing as we started down the path. I was thinking really hard about being when it occurred to me that maybe I should, I don't know, be instead. Walk the talk.

The moment I stopped thinking, I heard the sound of the leaves as I walked. I felt the sensation of the solid ground below, supporting me. I could hear the jingle of my dog's collar up ahead, such a comforting, happy sound. The fallen trees looked like sculpture and an owl's hoot reverberated right through me. It was all magic. Even the cool air on my face felt invigorating when earlier I was annoyed by it, wanting warmer weather to get here fast.

I don't know that any tangible result came from my walk, but I think that's the point. It's less about the results, and more about the experience. And the experience was so so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.