Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tie Dyed and gone to heaven

I think of the be line as a brand for the modern mindful lifestyle. I study the evolution of spirituality and how it expresses itself in popular culture, especially fashion. I've always related to the feel and philosophy of hippie or 'new age' but not the aesthetic, so part of my approach in designing the be line is to capture that feel in a modern way. Anyway, blah, blah, blah...what I'm getting at is that I'm always looking out for things like this:

This dress is a beautiful, sophisticated, and modern use of tie dye. It is from the Marchesa Resort 2009 collection and I lifted it right off a blog I love: Coco + Kelly

and I was recently tempted to buy this necklace from Urban Outfittersbut didn't think I could pull it off. Hippie has always been cool in its way, but modern? Maybe so.

No comments: