Monday, July 14, 2008

VISITING PROFESSOR* SERIES | #1

*one who professes


from Sera Beak

“Everything…everything I am, everything I do, all that I know and breathe and share and taste and love and despise and worship and desire and delight in and am afraid of and confused by and shy about and sure of and questioning and lying about and struggling with and rejoicing in and dancing with and touching and flirting with and writing and filming and speaking about and exploding with… I offer to You. For You. I am for You. For You. All that I am, All that I can offer… is for You.”

I was, in a very strange and yet authentic way bowing, submitting, surrendering, my self to the divine, my small self to my big Self, my personality to my Buddha Nature, my life to the Universe, my freckles to the stars. I didn’t mean to. It just sort of happened. Organically. Tears mingled with sweat as my yoga mat morphed into Kali’s moist soft warm red tongue, or a thick strong strand of the Magdalene’s red hair, or a sticky red runway strip to All That Is.

My yoga instructor next asked us to sit back on our hips and move into child’s pose, with our arms still forward, hands turned up, forehead still hugging the ground and the rhythmic involuntary inner mantra continued:

“I love You, I love You, I love You…”

read the rest of this and more at Sera's blog, Spiritual Cowgirl

About Sera:

Sera Beak is a world-traveled, Harvard-trained scholar of comparative religion who's spent the last dozen years traveling the world exploring spirituality --from whirling with Sufi dervishes to meeting the Dalai Lama on her 21st birthday; from taking the host from a Croatian Catholic mystic who had the stigmata (truly) to having life-altering visions with a shaman, and just about everything in between (she now happily deems herself a “spiritual cowgirl"). The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach To Igniting Your Divine Spark is her first book. She has also written for the Let’s Go Travel Guide series, Bootyparlor.com and Beliefnet.com. She’s as comfortable talking about Muslim women in Iraq, the pagan history of religious traditions and the extreme need for religious tolerance in this day and age as she is about designer jeans, vibrators, and the latest celebrity beakup.

Sera is called “a woman who is hands down the freshest, boldest breath of fresh air spirituality has heard, read or seen in decades” by Maureen Moss, author, motivational speaker, and radio host of worldpuja.org

No comments: