Saturday, January 3, 2009

My New Years Revelation

2009 is about me being me.

I will spend much more time discovering who that is and much less time deciding who that should be. I will hang out with people who enhance and nourish who I am and respectfully ignore the ones who do not. I will model this authenticity and sense of self for my children.
I will remember that trying to be anything other than me is an exhausting waste of time that distracts me from giving the world what I came here to give. I will be emboldened by the belief that my truest self is no less than a force of nature. And I will stay motivated by the suspicion that serious fun, fabulous style and true true love are just a few of the perks that come along with being the real me.

4 comments:

eve said...

I love this!
Best take on new years resolution possible.
enjoy :)
love eva

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

Your blog is just a beautiful extension of who you are.
You are an absolute gift and have been since the "year" I met you.
I love you, and your insights.

XOXOX
Monica

LynnOnline said...

I want this resolution too! Reminds me of a quote that moved me: "Separation from god (read: Self) is the hardest work there is." Paraphrasing. : )

Julia said...

Right on!!!!!